I just looked at my last post and was surprised how long ago it was! I am really slacking in the blogging department...
We are starting to gear up for moving. The decisions seem to dominate our conversations. If anyone wants to pray for us, we wouldn't be opposed :-)
We are trying to decide whether to rent or buy in the new city. We thought we had it nailed down, but now some other things have come into play. I think I will still make a trip out there to check things out soon. I think.
Emilie is almost one, which is terribly hard for me to believe! Today she is walking quite a bit, though still prefers to crawl. It's really cute to see her toddling around, since she's so tiny.
She has a hearty set of lungs on her and can really let us know when she wants something. It's quite annoying, to be honest. I'm trying to teach her to sign "please", like the others did. So far it's not working.
The 2 oldest girls are enjoying school immensely. Anna-Christina brought home a paper she completed the other day and it made me laugh out loud (she wasn't listening). She had to fill in blanks and this is what it said (her writing is in italics):
I think school is asueme.
My best subject is art.
Something I'd like to study this year is curif.
The best thing about my class is my teacher.
School would be better if we had a hot tub.
I wish the whole class could help others.
Isn't that cute?
Olivia is loving school too. She told me she was crying at the craft table the other day, because she just wanted to go home. That made me sad. But she is SO excited to go every day, and does not want me to walk her in anymore. She jumps out of the van with her sister and they go running off, holding hands. So far they really seem to stick together when they see eachother at recess (according to them!).
Adrienne is her normal mischievous self. Today she sneaked a piece of gum, a cookie, and mouldy biscuit that was headed for the garbage, and the corner of a loaf of fresh bread that was cooling on the counter. The biggest problem is that I was selling the bread. Oh well. (Thankfully the lady who bought it seemed to think it was kind of funny.) Hmmm...think she may be craving carbs???
On a totally different note...
We got to enjoy a week of having Matthew and Rhonda and kids here. Rhonda and I even got to spend a night out, and bought eachother totally fab birthday gifts. :-)
I am enjoying the fruits of other peoples' gardening efforts. I have zucchini almost coming out of my ears, tomatoes that will be made into salsa tomorrow, cucumbers, and rhubarb (that was mine). Not lots, I know, but not bad for living in the city. Check out the Super Duper Zucchini Muffin recipe from Sept 06 on the recipe blog and make them. They are so good.
Oh, how could I forget to mention that I hosted the party of the year?! :-)
I decided it was high time to celebrate Daryl's completion of residency (and the 11 years of training that are behind him) and threw a big bash. We rented a meeting room in a church, I had a friend do the food, Rhonda and I did the decorating, and around 70 people showed up to congratulate my husband. It was great fun. We were really honoured that my parents and Daryl's great aunt Dorothy came out just for the occasion.
Rhonda also taught me to crochet (I wanted to make a poncho for Olivia but couldn't find a kid-size knitting pattern). So now the couch and the crochet hook beckon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good to hear from you! I just got the wireless figured out last night (with the help of tech. support) so now I'll turn on Skype and wait for you. Our computer is very central in the house so if you call I'll likely hear you! Looking forward to chatting!
it took me awhile to figure out 'awesome' on a-c's paper! how cute! i can't wait to see your asueme family again soon!!!
Good to see you on here again. You didn't say what you did for your e-day though. Anything exciting? This was sort of a monumentous one, right?
thanks for the update! i wish our school had a hot tub too! :-)
Post a Comment