- We started off last weekend with Angela and family (and au pair!) arriving Friday night. We had a great weekend...kids played happily (for the most part :-), we explored, relaxed, celebrated Anna-Christina's birthday, and generally just enjoyed the weekend!
- On Wednesday evening, the girls and I went to pick up my mom and dad! Yay! It was so much fun to watch for them to come out those "arrival" doors! I think all 4 girls chattered the entire 40 minutes home from the airport. We went straight to AC's soccer game, then came home for ice cream.
*P.S. This post may seem like a bit of a journal entry - feel free to skip it, but I know my sisters are wanting to know what we're up to. *
- On Thursday, Olivia and Papa went to the lookoff, and soon Olivia came running in saying, "The tall ships are coming! The tall ships are coming!" So we all jumped in the van and spent about an hour down there watching them come in with their massive sails and rigging. Amazing. Dad got some awesome pictures so maybe later I can steal them and post some.
- Friday morning we decided to go downtown to get a better look at the ships. There are some pretty incredible vessels here. They are from all over the world, and I think there are around 20-30 in port right now. Amazing.
- This morning Mom and I got up early and headed to the Farmer's market. It's always fun to go there, even if my bags didn't look like everyone else's with fresh flowers, artisan bread and amazing pastries hanging out of every corner :-) I did find some baby lettuce, wheat, and beef...
When we got back, the guys were making breakfast, which was very yummy!
- Tomorrow we are invited to a bbq with Daryl's work. It's at someone's cottage, and the plan is to go sailing in his boat. So we're all very excited about that. I'm off to bake a carrot cake for the potluck (in my "new" $50 convection oven!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Good to hear from you! Sounds like you're all having a blast. Man, I want to come see you sometime! I have wanted to go there for so long. Anyhoo, how in the world did you find a convection oven for 50 bucks??? Way to go!
thank you x 100000000. :) so good to hear a little of what you're up to. i can't wait to see the pictures! are mom and dad gone to pei now? keep on having a great time together! :)
Sounds like you are having a great time. what is the story of the "tall ship"? do they only come once a year? I'd love to see pictures. Thanks for posting!
Thanks for updating,enjoy,enjoy, hug your mom for me and tell her to enjoy every moment.
Twila
Robyn, Thanks for blogging about your parents visit there with you! :)
You all have been in my thoughts and prayers, since they left Red Lake !!
I'd love to see some pictures !!
Continue to have a great time !!
Sondra
Sabrina, the tall ships come in every couple of years. they put on a huge festival and you can go down and see all the ships in the harbour (and if you buy a wristband, you can go on the ships and look around). anyway, it's pretty cool and you can google it to see more. i'll try and post pics soon. Rachel, please make your dream come true and come up here! :-) my neighbors were moving and got rid of their stove to put a nicer one in the house they left - lucky me :-)
hi!
So great to hear that you have visitors!!! That is so great!
I look forward to seeing some pictures.
I heard you are going to travel some, with your parents.
Where are you going again?
Take care...and enjoy your time together.
JennW
Hey, I left a comment for you on my blog. Hope you're still having lots of fun.
Hey Robyn. I don't know why everyone is commenting about the tall ships. For me the most exciting part of your blog was reading that someone you know has an Au Pair! How great is that! -rachelle
Post a Comment