I love hearing about what other people are reading, so I thought I'd tell you what I've been up to. I'm always looking for great book ideas that aren't a waste of my time.
I just finished The Robe, by Lloyd C. Douglas. this is definitely an old classic, and a good one. I have known Jesus for a long time, but this book reminded me why I follow Him. It is an excellent novel that is historically and Biblically accurate.
Now I'm into Three Cups of Tea - One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. Also a good read so far. It's about a man who, when attempting to reach the summit of K2 in Pakistan, stumbles upon a village. His heart breaks for them and he devoted the rest of his life to building schools in that area. Non-fiction.
Even though I'm not done with that one, Daryl convinced me to start one that he just finished: Autism's False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure, by Paul A. Offit, M.D.
Again, good so far. Daryl really enjoyed it.
I picked up Julie and Julia at the library a couple weeks ago and was very eager to read it. I gave it back to the library, happily, and without finishing it. It was extremely crude, and not as much about cooking as I had hoped. In my opinion, a complete waste of time.
So, what are YOU reading???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Kerry and I are reading a book called The Same Kind of Different as Me. It is a great book. I recommend it.
Thanks for the update. I have been trying to get into a borrowed book called, "Kissing The Leper" by Brad Jersak. Does that count?
I am reading a "Brokeness" by Nancy Leigh Demoss along with about 10 other started, or want to start. :( I received a book recently that I want to post about on my blog. I wanted to do it this week, but so far it hasn't happened.
i didn't comment at first, because i wasn't reading anything because i am packing and haven't borrowed anything to read. but then i went to get a haircut and grabbed "to kill a mockingbird" off of my dwindling bookshelves to take along and read at the salon. i've probably already read it 3 or 4 times, but it is just as good the 4th or 5th time. love it.
i read "three cups of tea" earlier this year and really enjoyed it, although the lack of the gospel made me sad...does that make sense? it seems so sad to do all that humanitarian work and leave out the gospel.
I MISS YOU. :)
Menno and I just read a book called Look What God is Doing! It is neat book about how good is working around the globe and how He is moving among various people groups. Another book we enjoyed reading recently is Kabul24, there is also a movie released by this title. It is the moving, true account of 8 Christians held hostage is Afganistan over the time 9/11 occurred. Very good book! One other one I've read recently is called A Night to Remember and is the account of the final hours of the Titanic.
i realize I am reeeeally late in responding to this but I wanted to let you know I love book lists! I am working on a new one for my blog too. Several of these books look interesting to me so I'll add them to my library queue. Thanks for the suggestions!
Post a Comment