I have been surfing around tonight, hoping all my blogging friends have new posts up. Hmmm.
It's just that every time I think of blogging, I really feel like I don't have anything to say. Life is pretty much the same as last time I wrote. Except for the stuff that's going on inside of me, and I'm not sure I'm ready to put it into words. Oh, it's nothing that major...just God working in me, doing His Fatherly thing and correcting me, challenging me, encouraging me.
So here I go back to random things that you might find interesting.
-it's been raining off and on today and it's supposed to freeze again. The kids have been dying to go skating, but there's either 2 feet of snow on the lakes or 1 foot of slush.
-the kids are out of school for the next 2 weeks. Today was Day 1. We cleaned, had a little Valentine's party (without friends since Emilie has been sick all day), went for a short hike, piano lessons, the library, and home for supper. We turned on our electronic babysitter in the basement while Daryl and I cooked our own little love-celebration supper. (P.S. It was the classic Valentine supper: fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and steak. Oh, and a green salad to unclog our arteries. Yum.)
-we are actually (believe it or not) starting to get excited about living in a giant city. I believe this is because we know it will be short-term, and because we can't really get out of it at this point. I'm debating the pros and cons of living in a big apartment -with an indoor pool- close to all amenities (including Daryl's work), or living in a townhouse with a yard (but a yard that I probably would not let my children play in alone anyway). Hmmm...
- I am starting to think about what kind of homeschooling we will do this coming year. I am SO open to resource ideas. Tell me what you love. Email me if it's too long for a comment. I can't wait to see what kind of things we will have access to next year (families, etc.)
- My most wonderful news of the day is that MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME A CAMERA! I don't have it yet, but I can pick it up at my in-laws when we go to the states in 2 weeks. I am SO excited!!!
- We had a great jam session with the young adults from our church the other night. I am already thinking about how much I will miss these nights when we leave here. This group is made up of mostly Africans, and let me tell you: They sing. It is not just a jam night, it's spontaneous worship and it is awesome.
Okay, now I blogged. Now I can check all of your blogs with a clean conscience.
(And I might as well wait to post pictures until I have my new camera!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
YAY! Thanks for the update!
Why r u picking up your new camera in the States? Thats exciting! CAn't wait to see pics!
When you sent me an email about your jam night..I seriously thought you ate jam..or traded jam or something. But i get it now. lol!!
Great idea for v-day dinner!
And as far as homeschooling goes..sorry I have no advice.
I am glad you are getting excited about your move! Stay positive.
Love you and miss you.
Jenn
i'd say i'm glad you blogged, but that might make me a hypocrite, too. ha.
yay for a new camera!! can't wait to see some pictures.
I can say glad you blogged because I did last night. But now I've commented on yours and you haven't on mine. :-D I might be able to think of some home-schooling tidbits. I'll think about it. What grade are they in?
Jenn, you're so funny, a JAM night. :-) Jenni, this fall they will be K, 3, 5. I love advice! :-)
Hey Hypocrite! Good to hear from you, as always. I thought I had a wondrous witty comment, but I guess I don't. sorry. But please keep blogging!!!
I know exactly what you mean about blogging. Mostly, I just put pics up these days and a few words. My grandparents are the most disappointed when I don't blog and they are happy with photos of what the kids are up to! I'm finding, too, with writing letters to a couple of close friends about the "goings on inside" I don't feel as compelled to write stuff on my blog - even in a more superficial sense. The letter writing is satisfying that "need" in a much more substantial way!
We haven't checked our mail in a while because the lock is frozen shut and I keep forgetting to take the hair dryer and extension cord with me to town. But even if I haven't received any new letters yet I'm definitely feeling the urge to write.... so maybe I should get started soon. I'll keep thinking of homeschool things to share.
Love you.
Post a Comment