So summer is over. It was, over all, a good summer. I can't say I'm sad it's over though. I always love fall, and I am planning to enjoy it again this year.
We are settling in, I suppose. It is very hard for us to really focus and try to enjoy this season in our lives. It feels more like survival at the moment. But I know God has things for us to learn in this season and we are trying to listen, trying not to rush, trying to look around and live truly awake.
The other day the kids and I found a lovely park. It is like an oasis in a desert to me. There is enough bush to feel like you are not in the city (if you can forget for a few minutes), some nice trails to bike on, picnic areas, and beautiful gardens.
We also discovered a group of parks about an hour from here, and even though they take more planning ahead, they are worth driving to. There is some nice hikes (a little too easy and populated, but nice nonetheless), and camping, etc. So we are happy to have found those. The plan this weekend is to take bannock and hot dogs and spend the day at one!
One month from today Daryl will be done with exams forever. I cannot even imagine what a feeling that will be. I've been married to him for 12 years and not once have I had a husband who doesn't have to study something. So it will be an amazing thing!!! The kids clearly understand this and they are just as excited as I am. :-)
We have started homeschool. I am hoping and praying that I feel more organized very soon. Every day I feel like there was more I should have done, and I remember things at the end of the day that I meant to work on with the kids. I have a feeling that part is normal though! So far it is going well, over all. I am very happy with the different things we've pulled from different places for curriculum. Hats off to all my veteran homeschool moms for recommendations!
Time to go tuck kiddies into bed. Hubby is home too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. I hope your school year goes well.
it's nice to hear more from you than texts. :) (i am NOT complaining about those though...they are high points in my days.) i'm so glad you found some nature in the big city...enjoy!
i thought i might find your "8 minutes to blog" here. :)
I wish you much homeschooling success! and I'm STILL waiting to see pics of your new surroundings! thanks fr the update though. oh, and still waiting for you to answer the e-mail. = )
Post a Comment