Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Wow, how much time has passed since I updated last? I guess it's just not been a priority these days...what with me sleeping all afternoon and all. :-) Not really, just dreaming. But really, I am quite unmotivated these days except for doing what I really really HAVE to do!

The girls have been behaving remarkably well recently. That is the biggest news. Not always in relation to me and daddy, but when they are playing they can play for hours and keep themselves entertained. They've been playing a lot of "school" and "swimming lessons". I also bought them pink and purple "cell phones" for $2.47, and let me tell you, it was $2.47 well spent! They have provided hours of entertainment! The other day I even found myself feeling a tad guilty because I hadn't heard from them in about 2 hours! So anyway, I was also wondering if anyone has any creative projects/crafts/etc that I could do with them. Please give me ideas, I know you have them!!!

It is so nice to have warmer weather. The kids are asking to play outside again and we went for a nice walk today. Yeah! I'm SO ready for spring.

Yesterday AC had Storybook Parade at school, where they all had to dress like their favourite character. She dressed as Fern from Charlotte's Web (we just finished reading the book). I will try and post a picture of her later tonight. She was quite pleased (and I must admit, I was too) that no one else was dressed as Fern. She almost dressed as Laura Ingalls but we couldn't find a dress that seemed appropriate. Anyway, she had fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When she told me about her "Fern" costume yesterday, I suggested she ask you to help her write to Caitlyn about it. Then today I get the picture of Caitlyn dressed in her astronaut suit. What famous granddaughters I must have!!! I think it's interesting that they both had similar things to do in school about the same time and live "a world" apart. Grandma N.

Anonymous said...

I was looking up some ideas to use old magazines in craft projects. Do you have any old magazines and catalogues kicking around? Yesterday the boys were working on mosaics from torn up magazine pictures glued onto black construction paper. (It doesn't have to be on black, but it looks almost like stained glass that way.) Another idea we haven't done yet was making paper beads with page length triangles with a one inch base. Roll up and glue the tip down. Hmmm..... what else? If I think of anything else I'll pass it on. And I'll check back here to see what ideas I can get from everyone else's posts!

Rhonda said...

play-doh? baking? um, i am drawing a blank at the moment. although C did mix up granola last week with very minimal help! (i forget if AC can read?) her next project is going to be wacky cake.

here's a message from L:
cxb hnmmb

Anonymous said...

make sure you post a picture of ac. that sounds really cute, and maybe it's just b/c i imagine ac's little voice saying 'fern' and it makes me laugh. i'm not sure why, it just does.

Melissa said...

I like the cutting up of old mag. Making cards to send to Granma/pa or their favorite things.
Macaroni necklaces? Beads?
A mural?
You'll love this - Finger painting?
mmm, I guess I haven't quite reached the stage of crafts yet, so ideas are harder to come by for me.
We're coming to Winnipeg this weekend, we are staying at the CanadInn at Polo Park, I'll have to give you a call and maybe swing in before we leave town. Love to see ya.

Anonymous said...

There's this really neat book called "the ultimate book of kid concoctions" If you google that it should come up - it has recepies for everything from stickers and chapstick to playdough, paints, and muck (goo, and gunk too I think). Also my grandma used to make these really cool little boxes out of old cards. They were super cool for a girl of young age as I recall, but I can't really tell you how to make them. I could maybe try to find out though if you were interested. Another thing I remembered is making puppets from brown paper bags (lunch size). You can be crative in making a face then smack it on the folded down part of the bag and then you have this really neat (tacky) puppet thing - maybe when they get sick of talking to eachother on their cell phones they could talk that way. Also, don't you remember all the awesome stuff we made in Hobby?? Okay, I'm done now.