Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Quiet Sunday

This morning M and R and kids are at church, and I decided to stay home with my girls. I think we need some uninterrupted family time, as do they. They are planning to go out for lunch as a family after church, and the girls and I will have some time alone here (we get to eat leftover grilled hamburgers!). We had a good morning giving baths, painting toenails, and reading The Lamb.

Our sleepover the other night was a big success! The girls had a blast, "ordering" pizza from Auntie's Pizza Parlour, and watching Pollyanna in their pyjamas while eating popcorn and finger Jell-O. What fun! I was really surprised that the 5 oldest stayed on their mats together all night long. They want to do it again soon... We'll see.

We still haven't had any contact with Daryl since Tuesday. It's getting way too close for a week for my liking! I know 3 weeks isn't that terribly long, but with no phone or internet contact, it feels like months. I miss my hubby!!! (I can't put enough exclamation points after that sentence!) Thankfully I'm not worried about him. I know there are other people with cell phones, and he's not alone.

We're not sure yet what this week holds. Hopefully a trip to the Lemur Park. The road was closed most of the week so it really limited what we could do.

Speaking of the road being closed, we had an adventure the other night. Rhonda so nicely planned a girls' night out, with 8 other ladies. We were planning to go to a Korean restaurant that I have heard countless raves about. (I was really pumped up to go!) We loaded up in two trucks and started down a back road since the main road was closed off. About 45 minutes into the drive, they realized it would take at least another hour to get there, since traffic was so bad from the road closure. So, we turned around and headed back into town. We ate at a nice restaurant close to home...not Korean food, but good nonetheless. And let me tell you, I WAS OUT WITH NO KIDS!!! It was a lot of fun, even though the evening didn't go as planned. (And yes, M was brave enough to watch ALL SEVEN kids, although Adrienne was in bed before we left and my kids were in bed reading.)


Here's to a great week for all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country."

Glad you heard from your hubby today!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice day to spend with your girls. And really nice that you got to get out without them! Right on!
So is it hot there?
It's been nice here, but not hot yet. A lot of rain.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for my kids. yay!
Can't wait to talk to you.
Have a good week. JENN