Whew. We just finished a whirlwind weekend. But a good one!
The highlight of the weekend was being involved in a 24 hr praise and worship time at our church. We weren't there the whole 24 hrs, unfortunately. :-) If it wasn't for the kids, I would have been tempted to see how long I could last! We got to go 3 times (including Sunday morning service) in the 24 hours. There were many different forms of worship - including art, a prayer room, silence, instrumental music, scripture reading, poetry, rockin' band music, etc. I got to sing twice and do sign language to a few songs (very new for me, but a good challenge and fun to do), and Daryl played guitar and sang. The kids joined us in the choir for one song this morning too.
To end the weekend, the Latino church (that meets in our building in the afternoons) put on a HUGE fiesta after church today. They had 5 different tables full of all kinds of food...So very yummy! Pinatas for the kids and Very Loud Latin Music. :-) It was great. We left with very full and happy tummies.
The weather was so gorgeous when we left church that we just couldn't go home, so we packed up firewood, hot dogs, and kids and left the city to meet some friends for a cook out. It was so wonderful to be outside without jackets and it gave me a one-track mind: CAMP! MUST CAMP!
Sigh. A happy weekend that hopefully will be ended by a night of sweet sleep. Oh wait, that probably won't be happening here...last night Emilie was up every 3 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I agree this weather makes want to camp!
I hope you get your good night sleep. I've been having up-every-three-hour nights with Noah lately, if you can believe it! I think it's about time he started sleeping!
that sounds like a great time at church! wish i could have joined you. and hotdogs and being out of the city sounds good, too.
Camping, we haven't gone camping since Isaiah was born. I hope we make it this year. Want to join us? Is it possible to get any sleep while camping with children?
sounds like a good one. and the weather for the coming week is promising too. send it northeast!!
I better get my camping invite email out soon. Oh, shoot.... I just realized that maybe you'll be gone by that weekend.... last weekend of August? I was hoping you guys could make it this year!
Robyn, let me know the details about Thomas!
hey! i thought i commented on here awhile ago. always good to here from your neck of the woods.
Post a Comment