Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We had a great weekend in RL. It was short, but good as usual. The highlight was fishing, I think. Olivia and Daryl pulled in the biggest walleye at 28", 7 1/2 lbs. How's that for a whopper?! We ate fish until we could eat no more. My cravings are satisfied for awhile, I think. :-)

Emilie is starting to warm up to her grandparents. She wasn't terribly friendly, but at least she was letting them hold her by the time we left!

Another neat thing was that we got to make connection with some people who have lived out "east" for a long time. They are putting us in contact with some churches and just giving us some contacts in general. We're very excited about that, since we are starting from square one.

I got to have coffee with Glenda, who is home for the summer. It was so good to sit down and catch up with her!

Also got to pick the brains of Iris and Jenni regarding homeschooling, and that was fun. I like hearing from others who are there and who can tell me what/what not to do. I think I could have spent another hour or two gabbing!

On the way home, we had a great time watching wildlife! We saw a bull moose and two cows, a coyote, a black bear, a muskrat, and the sweetest little doe and fawn. The fawn was SO small. I don't know if I've ever seen one in the wild with spots on it. So cute.

We are starting to wind down for summer...Today is my last ladies' Bible study, which includes a brunch (yeah!), Anna-Christina is having track and field day whenever it decides to stop raining, and Olivia is practising for her school concert.
Now if only the weather would warm up, we would feel like it's actually summer... Oh well, it's not 40 below and that's a good thing.

2 comments:

elise said...

i love your family pictures! you have such beautiful looking girls!

Anonymous said...

Good to see that big walleye Anna-Christina helped to catch! We came back from Flin Flon and La Ronge, SK (Menno had another little job there) around Sunday at 3:20am. He left again for Flin Flon Tues. morning early. He'll be back some time the end of this week. I'm hoping next week he can stay closer to home :-)