Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Still Here, I'm Just Quiet (for once)

*I can't seem to catch up with anything right now. Be it cooking, cleaning, laundry, blogging...you name it, I can't catch it. Any great ideas??? (Other than a maid?)

*We had a fun weekend. Started off Friday with our annual strawberry picking trip. It was Daryl's last minute idea, so we scarfed down some lunch, packed up the kids and the bug spray and headed out. It was really windy, which was awesome for keeping mosquitoes away. We picked 6 gallons, and came home and had homemade strawberry shortcake and ice cream for supper. (Yes, that's all we had)

*On Saturday it was Anna-Christina's birthday. Since the weather was out, we had our picnic with friends indoors, and then went to an indoor mini-golf which was really neat. When I asked her how her birthday was at the end of the day, she said, "GREAT!", so I guess that's a good sign. :-) We ended it ordering pizza with our friends who stayed to hang out after the par-tay.

*Our 81 year old neighbor man suddenly passed away last week. They have very little family here and the ones they do have don't seem to stick together. So it is a good way for us to practise being the hands and feet of Jesus.

*There is a baby screaming, another birthday cake (Olivia's) waiting to be frosted, and a bed calling me. Photos will have to wait until later. Good night

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

wow. i can't believe i totally forgot a-c's birthday. i didn't even remember it was coming or anything. oops. tell her we say happy birthday and that we can't wait to see her again.

also, i hear you about not catching up. and i even have a maid! maybe we try to do too much?? just a thought. maybe i should go write you an e-mail instead of lengthy comments?

did you freeze all those berries? yum.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to Anna-C and Olivia from us!

Will we EVERY catch up? Just wondering. I think Rhonda might be on to something.... we do too much. It seems to me like when we have more help we just try to take on more things.

Anonymous said...

I meant "ever" catch up.... not every.

Jenni said...

here's my advice about "catching up". just make peace with not catching up and lots of the stress goes away. (you should see the "corners" of my house! ugh!)