Thursday, April 20, 2006
What a Blessing
I just have to share the blessing I received yesterday. My dear friend Margaret called and offered to come and clean my house! I took the girls and we did some summer shopping and went out for lunch at McDonald's. When we came home the house was sparkling! I thought she was just coming to clean the basics but she washed the inside of my windows, dusted behind furniture, cleaned out my microwave, and organized my bookshelf. I got tears in my eyes when I realized the extra mile she had gone. It really meant a lot to me to have someone care for me like that! It was a good reminder for me to let God show His love to me through someone else. So often I want to be the servant that I forget to let others serve me as well. I'm not trying to brag...it was a good lesson in humility for me to let her see the gross floor under my dining room table! I want to remember to be obedient and listen when it's my turn to serve others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your dear friend Margaret, is still serving so well, eh? Isn't she the one that soaked and massaged your fat pregnant feet one time? I sure keep learning from her and feeling blessed that she serves my daughter in this way. May God pour His blessing on her as well...
Actually, that was someone else that did my feet...
So you want to serve like her? My house is looking pretty messy! Ha ha! I'm kidding. Well... it is looking messy, but you know what part I'm kidding about!
Post a Comment