Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Kids' Day
Daryl invented a new holiday for our family - Kids' Day! I hope it becomes a tradition, since it was a lot of fun! The girls got to pick everything we did and ate (from options given to them by their wise parents, of course!). We had crepes with cream cheese and strawberry sauce for breakfast. Then we went to church, and afterwards, we invited some friends to join us at LaBarriere Park for lunch and a hike. We picked up Subway for O, and Burger King for AC (they couldn't believe they each got to pick their own lunch!). So after a hot hike, in which we all ran out of water, we headed home for the roast Daryl had put in the crock pot (good thinking, hubby!). We chowed down and rushed out the door to the dollar theatre to watch Cars (excellent movie, by the way). The girls lost interest in the movie, but we convinced them to sit through the rest of it. Yep, 2 hours of sitting still is a big feat for these girls. Oh yeah, O was climbing all over the place, she wasn't sitting. It was a fun day, and I think it will become a tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what a great idea!
Yes, great idea. I was curious so I looked it up and there is a National Kids Day. Shucks, and I missed it. Maybe we'll have to make it up sometime soon and remember August 6th next year. I think your way of having it be all about the girls and their choices is awesome.
Post a Comment