Well, my camera battery was dying so I didn't get any pictures of our church picnic yesterday. It was a beatiful day and we had a lot of fun. It was great to sit in the cool breeze and warm sunshine and visit with friends, watch the kids play crazy games, and just enjoy fall.
The last game they played was a candy scramble. Of course when I was a kid, I thought these were great. But when they handed each kid a bag, and said, "1...2...3...GO!", something just went against my grain. Talk about undoing everything we've tried to teach them about generousity and sharing with their friends. Yeah, just run and see how much stuff you can pick up before someone else gets it! Hmmm, something just seems wrong. But all said and done, each kid got their share, and I was happy to see my kids timidly picking things up and slowly looking them over before placing them in their bag. Next time they might not be so grateful...
In other news, AC started school today! First day of kindergarten. Wow. I thought I might cry, but I didn't. :-) I was happy to see her settling into her new classroom, colouring with brand new crayons and sitting beside a very friendly little girl. Needless to say, it was very quiet here today. Olivia and I worked on some "schoolwork", which we both really enjoyed. I was telling her how nice her circles were and she said, "I'm smart.", like it had just occured to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good point! Teach your girls to always go for the chocolate! :)
what about an update? surely you're not busy??? :)
Post a Comment