Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, Christmas 2006 is now history, written down in the pages of our memories. And good memories they are! I'm not up-to-date enough to have uploaded all my pictures (no laptop you know) yet, so those will have to wait for a future post.

It's been such a fun holiday, being "home" with most of the family. We're missing M and R, but it's been fun to chat with them a lot online and we even got to see them with the webcam for a bit.

We are having a great time in Red Lake. Daryl had to go home yesterday :-( but the girls and I get to stay until Saturday. Yesterday A had her first ski-doo ride! We went back a short way into the bush to go sledding on a great hill back there. She didn't move a muscle or make a sound on the way. We had a great time sledding, seeing who could win for distance. It's so much fun to be in "The Bush" again, enjoying the cold and snow. We also had a hot dog roast and the girls played in the snow fort that Papa and Daddy helped them make.

Today we are relaxing indoors, hopefully going to bomb around on ski-doos again later. Adie was sick with a fever all night so I think it will be a low key day for her and I.

Hope you all had the merriest of Christmases.

3 comments:

rachelslab said...

Happy New Year to you too. We need to really catch up sometime! Catcha later.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, many blessings and funny stories to tell.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the news. i was 'internet-less' for a few days and I feel out of the loop. got a card today so maybe the shakes will stop now. :)