Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Life As We Know It

Aaaaah! It's only about 2 weeks until we leave for Madagascar!!! I can hardly believe it. Thankfully we bought some suitcases now and my mom rounded up some bins for us to pack stuff in. My mom and dad are coming out for the long weekend, and I'm very glad for that. I need someone to think for me!

I had my ultrasound last week - there's only one baby! (I've held my breath every time) Too bad I couldn't see if it was boy or girl, but I guess we'll be surprised now (or not!).

We had a great time with Daryl's sister Rhonda. She came here from Tammy's place on Thursday night and stayed until Saturday. On Friday we had a relaxing morning since Daryl didn't have to go into work until noon. He made us lattes and it was fun to sit and visit on a dreary day. When Daryl left for work, we went out for empanadas! Mmmmm. It was a fun day. Daryl had to work late so Rhonda and I fed the kids early, put them to bed and had a bbq! The intent was to wait for D, but he was very late (as in 11:00) so we ate and had our lemon cheesecake (uh-huh!) and watched one of the worst movies I've seen. It was very lame. But we still managed to have a good time!

On Saturday we were heading to our friends' place to drop off the 2 oldest girls before going to Grand Forks, and we were in separate vehicles. All of a sudden Rhonda grabbed my hand and yelled and I saw that the car in front of me had skidded to a stop. I was stopping but didn't notice it was that sudden. Anyway, Daryl was 2 cars in front of me and got rear ended. The car in front of him had turned too suddenly and we all had to slam on the brakes. Our bumper is now falling off on one side, but it could have been worse.
So on with the trip...We dropped the girls off and I had to ask them to come tell me good-bye! They were so excited to be spending the day and night at R, M and K's! We got to Grand Forks around 1:30 and right away met a bunch of "old" friends for lunch! What fun to catch up.
After we all parted ways, I got to do some shopping and even found some bargains. We had supper at a great Mexican restaurant and here's a little story...

We were sitting there with Adrienne munching away on our chips and salsa, and letting Adrienne eat bits of tortilla chips. The salsa was not the hottest I've had, but hot enough to be drinking water with it. Adrienne decided she wanted to dip her chips too, so Daryl passed her the salsa. She dipped happily and ate her chips. I kept offering her water but she didn't want any. Soon she noticed the salsa was made out of tomatoes, which she loves, so she demanded the bowl! She was very adamant so Daryl passed it over. She started scooping out the salsa with her hands and eating it straight up! It was awhile before she was scraping her tongue with her fingers and whimpering. I was still offering water but I guess she didn't realize it would help. She polished off the bowl of salsa before she took a drink! Thankfully I didn't notice any "after effects" the next day. :-) I guess we know which family she belongs to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to hear from you! so, only one baby, eh? guess you'll have to keep trying. ha ha. i can't believe you're going to be here so soon! have a good weekend with mom and let her do a lot of work. :D

i love the story of adrienne and the salsa! her schantz relatives must be very proud. :o)

Anonymous said...

Robyn, great memories. And I have the pictures to keep them close. Thanks for the great time. I can still taste that amazing lemon pie. Yummm. Can't believe Adriane. This story made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Hey! When Rhonda came to Red Lake It left like the old times when we were teenager's. Just all the memories, and I thought about you. And I wanted to cry.. I really missed her so much.. Its been 8 yrs that I have seen her. I had a good visit with her and your mom.

We didn't come to winnipeg after all. Thing's have changed.. I wanted to see you.. Rhonda is so different and beautiful!

How are you doing?? Me, I am doing very good.. Thing's are going great, I think.. But I am trying!!
I hope to see you! luv ya much!