Tuesday, May 22, 2007

We just finished a great long weekend! On Saturday Daryl got up early and left to go fishing with a friend. I must say, after I went outside and realized the temperature, I wasn't envious at all! Around noon on Saturday my parents arrived. It is so fun to see the girls' reactions, especially Adrienne since she knows them now.

I was so glad to have dad and mom here this weekend to help get ready for The Trip. Mom packed like crazy (everything except our personal clothes and stuff), and that took a huge load off of me. Dad kept the kids entertained by taking them to the park a few times and out for ice cream.

Sunday was quite relaxing. It was raining off and on all day and it was a good day to sit and drink coffee, go to church, and have some friends join us for a bbq in the evening. We had promised the kids that we could roast marshmallows over the fire pit and just as we were heading out it started to rain again. The kids didn't care! So we all headed outside and let them roast a few in the rain. It was fun and we made a memory, that's for sure.

Holiday Monday dawned pouring rain - again! But by mid-afternoon the sun was bright and it got very warm outside. Daryl asked Dad to show off his grilling skills (even though we don't have a Weber!) :-) and he made us some excellent bbq'd chicken. It was so wonderful to eat outside and enjoy the gorgeous evening. We hadn't had quite enough ice cream over the weekend, so we went out for more. Yeah, I think we ate a lot of ice cream this weekend... Anyway, it was a good way to end the day.

We ended the day with a good movie and thought about having more ice cream...decided against it.
So in the end, we had a fun time with family, and I feel much less stressed about our trip. In fact, as each day passes I am getting more excited. The girls are counting the days - we're at 10 until we leave.

Cheerio, until next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Robyn. I'm glad you had help and some stress lifted off. You must be so, so, so excited. I know I sure would be too!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad to hear you aren't too stressed. we're counting the days, too!

and, way to go packing that much ice-cream into one weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

It was a great week-end; hard to say good-bye though. Could you post a rainy marshmellow pic, please? (If you have time). The kids sure had fun, didn't they? Can't wait to try the burgers at the Country Porch!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you guys are leaving already. It sounds like a once in a lifetime trip! It's so nice that your parents were able to help out. Grandparents are the best!

Xiomie said...

When we go to see my sister in Costa Rica I can't even sleep the night before! so I understand the excitement!! but is not a trip half way around the world. I'll be praying for your safety!! Hope you guys have a wonderful time!!