Monday, July 09, 2007

Going Home and Other things...

Boo Hoo. It's our last day in Madagascar. We are all really excited to go home again, but leaving here and saying good-bye to family is sad. I think we will not only miss our family here, but also the country. I will especially miss the fresh pineapple and bananas...I have a feeling the ones at home will taste quite bland.

We've had a busy, busy week. It's been fun to be out and about and see more of the country.
Yes, our trip into city centre proved to be interesting. Daryl had his passport stolen out of his pocket, which was quite upsetting. The guys spent a whole day running around from place to place figuring out what to do. Thank God they had a Malagasy friend with them who knew the language, shortcuts, etc. and made it much easier for them. They will issue him some kind of temporary papers to get home again.
Anyway, it was fun to be downtown and see the view from the very top of the city. Amazing. We had lunch at a delicious restaurant (I love this place - I think we ate out 4 times in one week) and enjoyed seeing more of the city.

Yesterday we drove to a little town called Ambatolampy to go to a ranch. It was a gorgeous drive and I'm anxious to see how many pictures will be on my memory cards when we get home. I can't stop! Anyway, we went to this ranch called Rodeo Grille and everyone got to ride horse except large Robyn and scared Olivia. :-) We had fries and ice cold Coke and then headed home. Along the way we stopped and bought pineapples from roadside vendors and Rhonda picked up a few plants and things she had been looking for.

Today are just finishing our packing a hanging out around the house. Mme Pauline is cooking a Malagasy meal for us one last time. It smells delicious already. It's a type of stew with beef, zucchini, carrots, green beans, lots of garlic, etc. Yummy!

I probably won't post for while now, so don't worry that I've fallen off the edge of the earth or anything. We're leaving the house at 4am tomorrow and getting home at 9:30pm local time. "See" you then! :-)
P.S. You can pray for our trip home, please! It'll be a doozy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will pray for the trip and your hearts as you leave each other. We know what that feels like...we are seeing family come and go too around here right now. You'll be glad for all the hundreds of pictures!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you - I can't wait till you get back to this side of the globe! = P

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your safe return and looking forward to seeing lots of pictures!