...at least that's what I was going to call this post. It's now a week and a half. But the pictures were taken at one week! If I need to say it, life has been somewhat busy around this house! Emilie's first 2 weeks of life have flown by, and I was even feeling sad tonight that her looks are already changing.
Life has been a bit overwhelming. Adrienne has been sick with an ear infection, and she was quite upset a few times yesterday when I'm busy nursing Emilie and can't run to her every need. I was quite upset a few times too, I must admit. Thankfully Daryl's schedule is somewhat flexible these days and he was able to come home a bit early and "rescue" me. It was a frustrating day, but we survived.
Today I resolved to get out and see something other than my four walls. So after I dropped off Olivia at preschool, I went to the mall, and "had coffee" with my 2 littlest girls. Adrienne thought she was pretty cool to have mommy all to herself and a cookie besides! She sat on her chair swinging her legs and thinking she had the world by the tail.
I ended up meeting S who had made a meal and wanted to drop it off. And this afternoon V came over and brought pizza for lunch, had coffee with me, and cleaned up and vacuumed my living room (and brought a casserole for later!). What a boost! Another friend, H, picked up Anna-Christina from school and came in to see the baby and have a cup of coffee. So it was a good day full of friends who care.
Oh, to top my day off, I got to watch an hour of The Office after the kids were in bed. :-)
Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm glad that so many of your friends (who are close by) were thinking of you and helping you through your day. Know that I am thinking of you, too, but unfortunately can't help you out in any way. I sure do wish I could hold that little girl when she is so tiny.... it's already hard for me to believe that Noah was that little. He's eighteen pounds now! I hope Adrienne is feeling better. It's a big thing to have a sick kid. They need so much more attention and lovin' and it's not always (if ever) easy to find the time to give it.
Hey, how's it going? me, i am doing good. Your mom said that she comming to help you?? I wish that I could of made my way over there.. Jason and Frieda and my niece are there in Winnipeg.. It would of been a good time to see you.. Next time!!
thanks for the update! The pain of adjustment- I feel it. I think we are over the worst, but I still have days when I feel like nothing gets done and LONG to get out of the house. hang in there it will get better.
Emilie is adorable, Robyn. So cuddly. Hmm.... do I want to turn back the clock? Guess not....I haven't forgotten those frustrating days.... nor the sweet good ones you just want to bottle to savor later. But, no matter what stage the kids are in, there is so much sweetness to savor. 14 and 16 year olds have tons of it, too.
Les
very sweet pics. thanks for sharing. I find the office is sorta hit and miss. I think I saw 3 or 4 episodes - and it was one hit and 2 misses or something along those lines. It was good catching up awhile ago. (I called that place and they are booked when we need it. = ( ) Hope life with 4 little females is treating you okay. There's a storm brewing here in case you wanted to know that. See you later
Post a Comment