Thank God the flu is on it's way out of our house! I am so tired of laying on my couch - my back even hurts from laying around too much.
Today I have normal energy and I am giving some much-needed attention to our game/craft/art/clutter closet. We finally bought a new bookshelf and it is wonderful to have our books in a real shelf instead of piled in baskets on the floor. Books are one thing I feel you can't really have to much of, so we keep accumulating them. I'm slowly weeding out some of the old baby board books, but when it comes to books, it's hard to downsize!
In fact, if anything, I'm thinking about more books! I would love to get a good set of kids' reference books. Any suggestions?
Another thing I'm wondering about is why no one has started a knitting/crocheting library. Wouldn't it be wonderful to just borrow the needles you need and give them back when you're done? And patterns! Just think how many patterns you would have access to. I know there are lots available online, but I'd love to be able to borrow any pattern book I want and take my time browsing through it. (I've checked our library but the selection isn't great.) I suppose people would keep the patterns too long (like me) and take months to complete some projects... Anyway, it sounded like a good idea.
I'm very excited that Daryl has purchased ceramic tile for our kitchen! Right now it has yucky linoleum that has cuts and burn marks (not to mention it's white and shows every speck of dirt). So, providing his pager stays silent, we're planning to tackle that on Wednesday. I'm just excited that we have a good excuse to go out for supper!
This morning Anna-Christina mentioned that on her way home from school the other day she found a button. Adrienne very seriously asked, "Did you press it?"
The girls laughed until they cried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I wonder what would have happened if she pressed the button?! That's cute!
Yay for a new kitchen floor! That's always exciting! Will you have a before/after photo?
Where will you guys go for supper? Got any different restaurants there?
Jenn
oh my word, that is so cute and so funny! i love that your girls laugh until they cry! :) i think too you should have before and after pics of the floor.
Do I see a generational trend here? Sisters laughing at each other? I'll put my vote in for before and after pictures too.
Oh, and I'm so glad your flu bug didn't last longer than it did.
I know someone who sells Usborne Books and would love to fill your bookshelf :) We have a lot of GREAT reference books a lot of them are internet linked which is great because it brings the subject of a book together with the vast information of the internet.
Glad you all are feeling better! Enjoy your new floor!!!
So glad you're feeling better! Love the story of your girls laughing their heads off. Nice you passed on your sense of humor laughiness.
I'm so glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to see the new floor (I'm still thinking about your heated bathroom floor :))Adrienne is too cute! How's her hair?
this is the 3rd time i've tried to comment here, so we'll see what happens...but, now all the good comments have been made. :)
love the button story.
ahem. where are you? :)
Post a Comment