Monday, January 25, 2010

The Haircuts!!!

Before...

and AFTER...

The girls have been waiting for a long time to have hair long enough to donate to Locks of Love. They finally had the required 10 inches, so we all 3 headed to the salon on Saturday! They had a great time (neither of them has ever had a professional haircut before, and probably won't again for a very long time) and were SO excited about their new looks! Needless to say, I'm enjoying them too - no hair for me to brush this morning before school!

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

wow! nice! caitlyn was very interested in this because she is also growing her hair out to donate...she is hoping to get it cut after we're in canada. i confess some jealousy about the fact that you aren't spending 30+ minutes combing hair every day. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Was their hair ever long!!!
That is so cool!
Way to go girls!!!

Jenn

LaRonda said...

Wow!!! Their hair looks great, but wasn't it hard to see all that cut off :( Michaela and Adalie's hair is short now and it is so nice. I am sure you will love that they can actually get all dressed and ready by themselves.

Iris said...

Oh wow. My heart constricted just a bit to see that long curl in Olivia's hand. =( I admire their gift, though. I hope some little girls (or big grown up girls, for that matter) are very happy to wear their beautiful hair!

Robyn said...

Iris, I know, I was kind of sad to see that giant curl fall off...but I think the lack of brushing out tangles outweighs the loss :-) You asked about the bread recipes - I use the cornmeal yeast bread from the RL book, only I add whole wheat flour, and I used the raisin bread from the same book, substituting quinoa for the oatmeal. I used about 3C of cooked quinoa, and I think I may have added some extra water and then of course more flour. Also used mostly whole wheat flour in that.

Rachel, the room cleaning went remarkably well! :-) I only threw out stuff that I KNEW they would not miss. The rest is, as I assured them, packed safely in 2 boxes to be revealed at a later date :-) I know you would have sympathy for anyone who gets their things sorted and tossed by someone else :-) ha ha

rachelslab said...

Can I add my WOW! Cute girls with either long or short hair! = ) I was looking at your pics on FB and one of them I thought Olivia looked SO much like her dad's side of the family- reminded me mostly of Marcia when she was a kid I think. Do you hear that a lot? And yes, I would have a soft spot for someone getting their junk thrown away. = ) But I admire decluttering too.

angie said...

The new cuts are adorable. I have to say, I'm sad to see all that beautiful hair off their heads though. But for such a good cause. And it's hair... it grows back. Having said that.... I keep thinking of cutting mine off and donating it. It would make me feel better about cutting it off when my husband likes it long! ;-)