Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Family Stuff

Cousins reunited!

We had a great 2 weeks with the Nisly family. My parents came around the 18th of Sept, and by the 22nd, everyone else was here. That Friday, we all went to Wilderness Edge Conference Centre for the weekend. What a great way to spend the weekend before the wedding. It was the calm before the storm! No cooking, no cleaning up, only relaxing, playing games, visiting, biking, soccer, singing, etc. etc.

To sum up the past two weeks...let's see...Very busy. But good times, that's for sure. If you want to see wedding pictures, you can check out my parent's website
http://www.freewebs.com/merlerita
I can't post them all on here, and since Daryl and I were both in the wedding party, I didn't get a lot of good pictures of my own. Olivia and her cousins did very well as the adorable flower girls. She cracked me up as I watched her walk down the aisle - she would throw a rose petal, and then stomp on it, throw another, stomp! and so on. It was too funny. Anyway, it distracted me from crying too much. :-)

It was a beautiful day, beautiful wedding, and now the last little Nisly girl is married off. Hard to believe that we all have husbands, and that I now have 3 brothers.

The next day (Sunday) Daryl left for Rankin Inlet where he was along with another pediatrician doing a clinic. He was gone until Thursday and had a good time there. On Monday everyone else left (extended family, etc.) and I crashed! I slept for 2 hours that afternoon, and went to bed early every night that week. It was a fun, tiring, memory making couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

thought you might like to know that mom and i are sitting here looking at your blog...each on our own computer. kinda sad, eh? :) how technological we are.

rachelslab said...

HEY! I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Great pics - thanks for updating. I'm so inspirationless right now but hopefully soon I will convince myself to update. Too bad it's not working out to get together. sigh. snif. chocked back tears. stiffled sob. unstiffled sob. loud wailing. excruciating mourning.
(one thing really does lead to another sometimes)