Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I am Thankful!

I had a discouraging morning yesterday, but I learned something I think. Yes, it's one of those lessons you learn early on in life, but God has a way of reminding us over and over.

This time it was the lesson in thankfulness. After kids waking up at 5:20 am, and 6:20 am, I was ready for more than just good coffee. I felt like walking out the door and selling my kids on the street to whoever would give me the highest bid. Anyway, I sat down, had a little cry, and opened my Bible. I passed through the book of Job, and without even reading it, was reminded that my life isn't so bad. Sure my husband works crazy hours, and my kids have ear aches and they fight and whine and talk back, and I don't seem to get out of the house alone very often, and I do loads and loads of laundry, dirty diapers, dirty dishes and runny noses. BUT!!! At least my kids are healthy enough to talk and whine, healthy enough to get out of bed by themselves at 5:20 am, and even though I don't feel like it, I'm healthy enough to get up too. I don't have any debilitating disease, and I have a roof over my head in the pouring rain. I have a God who loves me and watches me when I sleep, and I don't have to hide my Bible or the fact that I love Jesus Christ. I have a husband who loves me and is faithful to me and our kids. (And I had a good talk with my mom on the phone.)

There's so much more I could list. I read a lot of verses too that spoke to me. (Phil 4:12,13) I will learn to be content! That doesn't mean I have to be 100% happy with my life 100% of the time, but I will learn contentment and gratitude!!!

10 comments:

Sabrina said...

amen sister. Thanks for the reminder!

Rhonda said...

thanks for the reminder to look for the blessings in life. there are lots, aren't there?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robyn! I am glad that I am not the only one that feels like that sometimes 3 is sure different then 2 :) I was reminded today too that life could be much worse. My sister in law that has cancer isn't doing well. I have nothing to complain about!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robyn, Its a good reminder for all us mothers. Kerry and I just gave up our master bed room so the kids could have their seperate rooms. The new room seemed so small and I was complaining about it. Kerry reminded me that many people would be happy to have a room this size.

rachelslab said...

Hey robyn - good to hear from your sweet little self. I hope you survive this exhasuting phase of life! You can't really decide when you want to sleep anymore, can you? Well, hope your day tomorrow and the next and forever after is much better! And for old time sake - may your lights be always green, and your scissors always sharp.

Anonymous said...

good job, robyn. i am very proud of your little mothering self! and i've been praying for you since we talked. with love and sisterly affliction...

Anonymous said...

It's these things that are turning you into a women whose worth is way above all the diamonds and rubies on earth, Robyn!!!Thanks for your honesty; it reminds me never to take praying for you, Rhonda and other young moms for granted.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Robyn! I hope you got a nap that day or at least went to bed early. I think bedtime just may be my favorite time of day. (Well, my time ALONE with God is right up there, too) =)

Anonymous said...

I wake up for work at 5:30am a lot of days, and then at 3:00pm when I'm supposed to be able to go home, I get asked to work until 7:00pm with an hour ride home. This is when I have to remember that if this is where God wants me to be, it's the best place to be at. I love the book of Job. I love when his young friend speaks about wisdom. I think I would have married that boy. :o)

Robyn said...

Wow, thanks for all the comments everyone! It's good to know "you" are out there. I think it's the most comments I've gotten in awhile. Thanks for the encouragement.