Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Our Life

I'm realizing that I'm falling far behind in my updates! Not that any of you are just dying to know what we're up to, but I know a few of you come here for Schantz Family News. :-)

On Monday Daryl got to go hunting with our brother in law Menno. And he even got to shoot a deer! He really enjoyed his day out. I sent my camera with him, but since he was gutting and carrying the deer by himself (they had split up to hunt) he forgot to take a picture. Then yesterday Menno shot a buck on his way home from work. So between the two, we can make a lot of sausage! (that's what I'm hoping for since I don't care for other forms of venison) Tammy and I had all the kids at their house for supper while we were waiting for the guys to get back. Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of visiting done at the supper table! :-)
We had a good time.

Yesterday I started baking chocolate chip pecan shortbread for the school bake sale on Saturday, and I ran out of flour. :-( I was annoyed at myself for doubling the recipe! But we picked some up last night so today Olivia and I can bake them.

Tomorrow Daryl leaves for Thompson. He will be gone 2 weeks. I'm so glad my mom is coming to stay with us for part of the time. We're really looking forward to having her here. We're hoping to bake a lot of Christmas cookies, and I'm sure we'll get some shopping in too! I wish we could have gone with Daryl and enjoyed being out of the city, but I didn't want to pull Anna-Christina out of school that long.

Still no snow here...I'm surprised at myself for wishing for it! It just doesn't feel right playing Christmas music when my grass is green. (Now I know how you feel, Rhonda) However, it is so much nicer for going on walks and dressing kids to go outside!

We've got vacation coming up!!! As soon as Daryl gets back, he has 2 weeks off. I think I mentioned that before... :-)

That's about it from this corner of the world. I better go bake my cookies...wash my dishes...fold my laundry...pay attention to my kids...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Daryl on getting a deer!
Jenn

Rhonda said...

thanks for the update! i miss you.

Sabrina said...

I enjoyed the update! I hope the two weeks that Daryl is away go by quickly. Are you going anywhere for vacation?

rachelslab said...

You don't have snow? Crazy how Red Lake has record snow fall and you, being only 5 hours away, have none... Thanks for keeping us in the know. You're a real pal, a trooper, if you will.

Anonymous said...

I can't get over all you do. I can't keep up and is just the two of us.I just think you're awesome.

Anonymous said...

Always happy to have an update, Robyn. I'm wishing for snow too. I'm also wishing for your donut recipe. Can you email it when you get a chance? (I've had a request from a friend, too, based on our beautiful, photogenic donuts we made at your place.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn. May the two weks without D go quickly and the two weeks of vacation WITH D last as long as possible!

arauzjames said...

Hello Robyn, thanks for stopping by the blog, what can I say, I think Jose and Kim are living in their own little bubble right now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn. Just wanted to say Hi! I hope your 2 weeks go by quickly. I can't imagine even one week with the kids by myself. Have fun with your mom.