Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sigh.

Well, mom just drove away. We're halfway done with being home "alone". Sigh. (I don't know how you do it, Angie)

My mom and I had a really good time. I was so thankful she was here to help out with the hyper kids, bedtime, school runs, etc. It was fun to have company for a week! We baked a lot of Christmas cookies, did some shopping, went out for supper, had tea parties with the kids, etc.

I'm glad to say I'm REALLY, really missing Daryl. I say that I'm glad because if I didn't miss him something would be wrong! I'm glad to know that 2 weeks feels like a long time to us, and that when he comes back, I'm not going to wish for him to leave again for a long time! (like when you leave your kids, you miss them, but when you see them again, you wonder why you missed them in the first place).

Yesterday Val and Rhianna joined us and we made a bazillion truffles! We made some white chocolate with coconut rum, some dark chocolate with irish cream, and some plain dark chocolate. They're killer and I can't even think of eating another one until Christmas. I didn't even eat a whole one yesterday - just too much licking.

So this week we have a few things planned. Tonight is Home Group at our house. So we get to bake something to serve everyone, and tidy up the house (good motivation for me!). Tomorrow the girls have their first swimming lesson! I've been meaning to put them in for a long time, and now it's finally happening. On Friday we've invited a few friends for coffee and lunch. If the weekend is nice, I want to do something outside with the kids. It feels like spring here! (It's beautiful, but sad to say, I don't feel like putting up the Christmas tree.)

In other news, some friends of ours from church had an incident the other night. Mom and 3 yr old daughter were home alone, and 2 men tried to break into their house. Like majorly breaking the door down. She called 911, yelled out the window that the police were on their way, and ran into a safety room that they had made (heavy door, pepper spray, baseball bat, etc.) Thankfully her husband had reinforced the outside door with some kind of steel (I'll be asking him what he did!) and the police said it saved them. That's the only thing that kept them from getting in. It really scares me to think they knew someone was home and tried to get in anyway. The 3 yr old is very traumatized by the whole thing (understandably!) so please pray for her peace. Of course, this was NOT a good time for me to hear this. Last night I had to just keep claiming the peace and protection of Jesus and His mighty angels. I know this is not the first time it's happened to someone, it's just that now it's a little close to home. So pray for my peace too. I didn't tell the girls about it, by any means!

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

well, i have been praying for you sort of 'hit and miss', but now i will pray more faithfully...i totally understand how you feel about your hubby being gone, and how that break-in can make you fearful. hang in there, and remember that you're not alone. oh, and it's great that you have made so many plans. that always helps. and truffles??? when does my pkg arrive? ha ha.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say hi...i'm praying for you and i hope time goes quickly for you! and get some pepper spray!

Sabrina said...

I will be thinking about you alot this last week while Daryl is away. Being apart should not have to be part of marriage! I will pray for your protection. What a scary story! Did they know the men? Stories like that can make me so fearful too. God has not given us a spirit of fear, therefore we know where that fear is coming from and we can throw it right back at him! Thanks for the update. Any chance you could post the recipe for the truffles? They sound great!

rachelslab said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you girl! I hate that jumpy feeling of being alone.

Anonymous said...

oh Robyn, my heart goes out to you. Hang in there I will be praying for you. I would also love to have the recipes for the truffles. That dark chocolate sounds awesome. Right now dark chocolate is high on my list of cravings. No, I am not pregnant:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Robyn, I am the anonymous one. I forgot to write my name.

Robyn said...

Okay, I'll try and post the recipe on the recipe site tomorrow. LaRonda, good to hear from you. Glad you're not prego! :-) Are you still nursing? Dark chocolate it is, then. Thank you all for your prayers for peace. I definitely feel it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's Jenn. I too know how you must feel being alone at night. I hate how jumpy i get and my mind plays tricks on me. I will pray for you at night especially.
Just eat lots of the truffles with rum before bed...you may sleep better.
I liked what sabrina said about God not giving us a spirit of fear. I never thought about that before. Nice reminder!! thanks.
Jenn W

Anonymous said...

Wow! I will be praying for you all. That woman was on her toes though, and I know you would be too. Not to belittle your fears, it's a very real thing to be afraid of. May God give you peace, comfort and protection.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn, Arthur is gone for long periods of time when he does Akwachink and I always go to bed with this verse in mind...."I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe." Psalm 4:8

It's not the steel reinforced doors, they could have come through a window, it's the protection of our heavenly Father and knowing that nothing happens to us outside of his will. It's also knowing that if something "bad" does happen, he will give us ALL we need to deal with it and walk through it with us. Where would we be without him?

"May the Lord of peace himself always give you his peasce no matter what happens. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thess. 3:16

Rhonda said...

So, how many more days to go?

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. That is scary. I know the feeling of being alone.... I even lock my doors out here and I sometimes think it is silly. I know I wouldn't if Graeme was home, but I have to when I'm alone. But Iris is right.... it's really not the locks and the steel, but the watchful, caring hand of our Heavenly Father. I remind myself that often. I'm glad that your hubby is home with you now! I can hardly wait for mine to be!

Anonymous said...

I forgot. I noticed some requests for truffle recipes so if you type those up for anyone please copy that email to me!