Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Birthday

First of all, wow. Thanks everyone for all your birthday wishes. I love my birthday for that - I always feel so loved because I am always surprised at how many people remember me! Even if it's a quick email or message on the answering machine, it means a lot.

My day was extremely busy, unfortunately. :-( I shouldn't have gone to Community Kitchen because I'm afraid I wasn't much help anyway, but I thought it's probably my last time to be there for awhile. Anyway, it was fun. We had someone come in and teach us how to make perogies, since that's what everyone wanted to learn.

Anyway, when I got home after picking various kids up in various places, I crashed on the couch. Daryl made dinner (Tuscan Garlic Chicken on angel hair - Mmmmmm) and the girls had picked out a SPECIAL cake for me. Wow. I wish I would have taken a picture (kinda forgot in the midst of things). It was a roll cake with BRIGHT TEAL frosting, red plastic roses and tulips and shocking other colours. Anna-Christina asked the bakery to write "Happy Birthday Mom" on it and she was so pleased. :-) Very cute.

Oh, how could I forget - I took a cake to Comm. Kitchen since a few of us were having bdays. Chocolate Cake with PEANUT BUTTER ICING. Oh my was it good. You must try it.
Or you could just make the icing and eat it with a spoon. Yeah, it's that good.

Anyway, after the kids were tucked in, we left the in house babysitter with them and went for a nice cup of coffee.
It was a good birthday. :-)

No comments: