Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sponteneity Pays Off

Last night at 6:00 I was sitting in my chair nursing Emilie. I said to Daryl, "Oh man, Brian Doerksen is in town tonight". I had heard about the concert but didn't realize it was coming up so soon. We were both saying how we should have gotten tickets, etc. Then Daryl said, "Why don't you call a friend and go and I'll stay here with the kids?"
So that I did! (Not gonna turn down an offer like that!)
I called Jenn and we hurriedly made plans to meet at the concert. I got there first and got us tickets and pretty good seats, and we enjoyed a great evening of worship and musical talent.
By the way, if Clarence happens to read this, I must say I thought of you when I was listening and singing along to Light the Fire.
HOW MANY TIMES DID WE PLAY THAT SONG TO GET IT JUST RIGHT? :-)
Good memories. It sure brought them back to hear Brian's voice singing and talking, just like listening to a cd many years ago :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet! his voice always brings back good youth group memories. and what a nice husband! good job, daryl.

Anonymous said...

good for you! Sounds like fun. Yes, nice husband.

You must be so happy to have Jenn back too!

Matthew and Rhonda said...

that does sound like a lot of fun...i'm so glad you got to go do something fun like that. did he sing that song that says 'as for me and my house we will serve you'? i love that song, but can't think of the title.

Robyn said...

Yes, he did sing that song. I don't know the name of it either. But it's good! :-)

elise said...

That's so awesome! We bought that DVD "Today" and were listening to it lastnight. If anyone wants a good worship DVD we highly recommend it!

rachelslab said...

Yeah, I just read the post and then put my "Today" CD on. =) Which would be the name of said song. Glad you got a break from the maddness Robyn.

Sabrina said...

Sounds like fun! did you take Emilie? Way to go Daryl!

Anonymous said...

If you could see me I would be a pretty obvious shade of green right now. And not because I'm sick. I would LOVE to see him in concert some time! I absolutely LOVE my Today cd. I cried the whole way through it when I first got it a few months ago.

Anonymous said...

And I like MY Today CD. Pretty much a consensus about that going on here, huh? : )

Anonymous said...

it's a video! don't you see a play button in the middle of the box? i can try emailing it to you.

arauzjames said...

Hey Robyn, I just did that a couple of weeks, Aaron was nice enough to say; go with your friends. ;-) I enjoyed it so much!! it was Shane & Shane with Bebo Norman. good time. good hubby.

Anonymous said...

hey! i wouldn't mind hearing some news from wpg these days!! :) surely one of you can blog!! have fun.