Okay, so it wasn't Thanksgiving here in Canada, but it was in the US. And because of that, we got the privilege of hosting Jose and Kim and my mom and dad for the long weekend! If you click on the link you can see the stuff I don't want to brag about...my cute kids and my good food. Ha ha
We had a great time of not doing too much. Just relaxing, drinking coffee (only decaf for this girl, shucks!) playing games, and of course watching the Grey Cup. I am seriously lacking in sleep, but it was worth it. :-)
Emilie is starting to sleep better since I've gone off coffee. I was hoping that wasn't the reason, but I think it may be. On the other hand, she is still very unpredictable and sometimes sleeps very restlessly (is that a word?) for a whole 24 hr stretch. Hmmmm. Right now she's sitting on my lap staring at the monitor and very relaxed. She's a cutie. Unfortunately it seems my camera may be kicking the bucket so you won't be seeing pictures for a bit.
When my parents got in last week, they took the 3 oldest girls to a hotel for the night. Of course they made sure to get one with a pool, kiddie pool, hot tub and waterslide. Did the kids ever have a blast! They came back full of stories. They made some great memories.
I think we had as much fun as they did! We tried not to party too hard without dad and mom, but... We went out for dinner (Ethiopian - mmmm) and then came back and played a game and ate truffle brownies. For some reason Jose and Daryl both had bruises on their chests the next morning, but you'll have to ask them about that if you really want to know. (Hint: It did not include me and Kim)
Tonight we were planning to decorate the Christmas tree, but Daryl had to work. The girls were quite disappointed but I let them put up a few decorations to pacify them. It quickly turned bitter though, when Olivia started twirling around with an extension cord flying in all directions, Anna-Christina crying because we weren't putting up enough decorations, Adrienne crying because she didn't get a long enough turn talking to Daddy on the phone, and crying out of sheer tiredness, and Emilie crying every time I put her down. Wow. I guess we'll try again tomorrow night. Maybe.
I'm already resigning myself to the fact that my list of Christmas baking is (sob) going to be very short this year. And the decorations may not be that great. But I am determined to be okay with that, and to spend my holidays enjoying my kids, husband and friends, my messy house (okay I don't have to actually enjoy that) and a pace of life that I probably will never have again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
this was a lot of fun to read and didn't even make me too jealous. :) maybe cause i know k and k will be here soon! yay! hope your camera gets fixed soon or maybe santa brings you a new one! :)
i hear ya on the resignation thing!! i think there must be alot of joy in resignation (or acceptance?) somewhere!! that's the tune i'm playing right now too!
Post a Comment