- We are slowly getting settled in. And I mean slowly. The extent of our bedroom furniture is one dresser and a desk (for all 3 rooms) so there is nothing to unpack into. I am going to start praying for a bedroom suite. Yesterday I emptied boxes onto the floor in the girls' room and then refilled them in an orderly fashion...somewhat.
- When we were in the states I bought a bag of Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips for $1.25. I keep the bag open, hiding behind my canisters on the counter. I have eaten a lot of them.
- The previous owners of this house left a clock in the kitchen. It is running, but always about 1/2 hr behind. So the batteries are just slow, but not dead. I feel like that clock.
- We got the propane stove working, finally. It throws off a lot of heat and is so cozy that I'm hoping we can somehow move it from the dining room into the living room.
- I wonder how long it will be before we stop yelling "Ship!" when we see one entering or leaving the harbour.
- Homeschooling is...well...interesting. I'm not a natural-born teacher and it's really scary to me to think that I'm responsible for making sure my kids learn something other than Bible, Music and home-ec.
- I am happy that my kitchen/dining room windows face East. I love seeing the sunrise every morning over the water. I don't think I'll be able to see it in the summer (since the trees will be full of leaves), but then maybe I can be out walking to see it then.
-Emilie is into everything. Have I mentioned that before? Yesterday she was dipping tiny pieces of toilet paper into the pee that was left in the toilet and putting them in her mouth.
- I'm so anxious for the weather to improve. Today there is a freezing rain warning. I'll take rain over -40 though, that's for sure! I'm really hoping to get out onto a hiking trail this weekend.
-Daryl and I are reading Have a New Kid by Friday by Kevin Leman. I'm slowly trying to incorporate his plan of action into our lives. Awhile back I had written about how frustrated I get with having to tell my kids to do something over and over. His theory is to say it once, turn your back and walk away. Let reality be the teacher. Anyway, at this point I would recommend it. I'll let you know how it plays out in real life :-)
-We had fresh salmon fillets for supper the other night. Were they ever good! Brain food. :-)
- I'm hoping to get out alone tonight. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
so good to hear about your 'new' life. :) keep writing, but maybe not about your chocolate stash...it makes me want to go find some for myself. :D miss you.
I've been thinking of you so much. I am feeling a little of what you are feeling, but our move is only for 6 weeks. I've been wanting to read that book. I heard him on Focus on the Family. I think he's on to something, but it's hard to do!
Keep your chin up and your determination to keep going. It's nice to know that you see the sunny parts of living there and know that this is winter, etc., and it will change. Maybe it's actually better this way so you're not tempted to be outside a lot.:) It was -29C when we got up yesterday morning!
Thanks for blogging, A good reminder to pray for you and your new beginnings there, Keep looking at the ocean and then sing the last verse of the "Love of God". We will be praying for you and yours. an OLD Friend
Twila
Robyn,
Good to hear from you! I've hoping to call sometime in the near future, but realize you are 2 hrs. ahead of us. Keep looking up, winter is a hard time to move. It does take alot of time to resettle a family, so take it one step at a time. I'll be praying for you with wisdom home-schooling as well.
Tammy
It's crazy that I don't know you all that well, but I feel like I've been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you are getting along. Thanks for the update! By the way, I just threw away my stash of chocolate and have regretted it more than once!! Don't close that bag until you are sure you're emotionally stable!! :)
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Thanks for the pictures, now I can picture what it is like for you. My dream is to come visit you guys sometime. We shall see if it ever comes true.
Post a Comment