Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Advice Wanted
So, I made yogurt the other day. I've made yogurt before, and I always like the texture. This time, however, it was "stringy". It tasted great, and the thickness was okay, but it was stringy. (It sounds more gross than it was, and no one else seemed to mind it.) Does anyone know why this would happen, or what I can do to prevent it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This happens to mine sometimes too and I make yogurt all the time. Do you put dissolved plain gelatin in your yogurt before incubating it? That seems to help mine set up nicer on a regular basis.
I do mine in my crockpot and use gelatine, but sometimes it still get like that. :( Let me know what works!
yeah, mine gets like that too a little.
I also would suggest using Knox unflavored gelatin in your yogurt making. I think it helps the texture.
Post a Comment