Thursday, March 19, 2009

Overheard...this time from Daryl

You probably have to know my husband to think these things are funny...

Last night I was finishing up the dishes and Daryl was sitting down to study with a cup of tea.
Daryl: Want to sit down and have tea with me?
Me: I don't know. Am I allowed to talk to you or do I have to be quiet?
Daryl: You can talk if you have something interesting to say.

Maybe you had to be there, but I am still laughing.

The other night we were getting ready for bed and he was standing in front of his closet (he's been pulling his clothes out to take down to the shower with him so he makes minimal noise in the morning). He said this dead serious, "What shall I wear tomorrow? Something flashy?"

At the time it didn't even register in my brain. The next day I realized what he said and today I have tears in my eyes again from laughter.
I think there's enough of you reading that know him well enough to appreciate this. :-)

8 comments:

Matthew and Rhonda said...

:D matthew and i laughed, so i guess that means we know him well.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at that one, cause I could just hear it.

Sabrina said...

I laughed! I wish we could get our husbands together. :)

Jenni said...

i guffawed! what a goof-ball. keith thought it was funny too. in my mind, your dr. hubby is still the little kid down the street who plays with my little brothers. :-)

Kim said...

oh my... this made me laugh and miss you guys all at the same time! good way to start the day. :)

Rita said...

I'm sitting here laughing in Karla's dark living room. I'm glad he chose a woman with a great sense of humor. I noticed you didn't tell us whether or not you had tea (and talks) with him...

Anonymous said...

I laughed at both things and I sure don't know him as well as some. I guess they just sturck me funny. The clothes comment makes me wonder if all the female company is rubbing off. =)

Anonymous said...

Does Daryl know you posted this?
This WAS funny....But Cory and I will NEVER forget the time he was pretending to eat your cheek with a fork. Daryl is one-of-a-kind.

Thanks for making me smile at work. Reading your blog is always the highlight of my work day.

Jenn