This was my first felted project, so I'm a wee bit excited that it actually turned out and that I completed it so quickly (I am not a speedy knitter). Anyway, here is the hat after knitting, before felting it (sorry, forgot to rotate the picture):


And...after felting it:



Is that neat-o or what?!
My knitting needles are not going to rest for a long time... Now I've discovered a way to hide all my mistakes! Anyone want some long underwear? :-)
14 comments:
Looks awesome! It came out perfect. But did your hands get sore from all that rubbing? (I guess it's a good way to work out any frustrations you might have! Hee hee)
So, how do you felt something? I guess I could google it. It looks great! And just the thought of felted long underwear is making me sweat. But I'm sure they'll come in handy in Canada. = )
PS - My word verification is ratio - not very exciting, but a real live word spelled correctly and everything. I think it's going to be a good day.
I love, love, LOVE the hat. And I love, love, LOVE felting. My mittens I'm working on look GIGANTIC and I'm thinking of felting one first to make sure it will shrink down enough before I knit the other. What pattern did you use for the hat? Is it on ravelry? Again... love it!
very nice! it looks really cute on you. :) you're right; i will have to learn to knit AND felt.
I love the hat! I have never heard of felting anything. Is it hard?
I'm very impressed, Robyn! Maybe I'll put one on special order for winter/Christmas. Hmmm.
Robyn, You look really cute, and stylish in that hat !!
I would also be interested in knowing where you got the pattern, or if it is possible to get it ?
Or should we all out our order in for Christmas ?? :) Sondra
I want a hat toooooo!
That is so cute. What is felting though, never heard of it. It looks completely different.
One more question: how can the same hat look like it's 3 different colors?
wow. i go to sleep and miss all this excitement! cool hat. please teach me to knit.
FYI - felting is shrinking down your completed (wool) project. You put it in the washing machine on HOT, and bash it around for awhile. Eventually it shrinks down to the size you want, and then you shape it and let it dry. It totally changes the look. You can't even see the stitches in your knitting like you do normally. It looks more like a "solid" wool hat (think of a wool coat). Mom, the colour is just from the different places I was standing in the light. It's dark grey heather.
wow! that's so cool!!
How cute is that!
Good job!
I've never heard of felting either.
You're such a talent!
JennW
Post a Comment