This morning as Daryl was eating one of the last pieces of bread left in the house, I was thinking aloud about what the kids could have for breakfast. I mentioned there was no more bread, or eggs, or milk (except for milk powder). Then I proceeded to start making pancakes. Yeah. Hello, anyone home? Anyway, the pancakes were a little thin, but not too bad with some extra baking powder. As I was eating them, I remembered I also didn't put any oil in! I think I need to go back to bed.
So, the moral of the story is, you can make cholesterol-free, fat-free pancakes, and they're not half bad! (Enough butter and maple syrup can fix anything)
It is a BEAUTIFUL day here - sunny and getting up to 31C this weekend! Summer may finally be here. Actually, I can't complain - we've had beautiful weather for 2 weeks - only rained a few times in there. And only about 2 days of heavy fog on my street. :-) Thankfully we're forced to go to the beach for swimming lessons today, so I have no excuse not to pack up the crew and hit the beach.
We found a place to pick wild blueberries!!! I'm very excited about this. The other day we were driving along the highway and saw people walking into the bush with buckets. So we stopped and talked to them. They had already been picking for awhile, and when they saw me dividing up my little handful of berries among the kids, they brought over about a pint of theirs for us! So nice. Anyway, I'm hoping to get back there, but I don't think I want to take the kids... Maybe this weekend.
Life is calling, must answer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Blueberries! YUM! I really wanted to pick while I was in RedLake..but alas..never enough time.
That was really nice of those people to share with you. I don't know if i would be so kind. Blueberry picing is hard work.
Hopefully you get a nap today!
Miss you.
JennW
Well, when was Jenn W in R.L.? While I was in the 'peg earlier this week? It would be fun to see you again!
Robyn, you are too funny. I wonder if you need more sleep! I'm glad you could laugh at your pancake trial. And so happy to hear about the blueberries. Still haven't had a report from around here---just more rain and more rain.
I'm glad someone else has days like this. :) I have been in a food planning slump. I wish I could pick blueberries with you! I love them.
ha ha. funny pancake story. :) sounds like me this week. i had to keep running to the store, because i was always missing one thing. oh wait. that wasn't just this week. maybe about 3 weeks now. yikes.
hope you get the blueberries! enjoy some for me too!
I'm happy for you about the blueberries, although my fondness for picking them is very low. Nice pancake story. Also,if you ever want to broil, rather than bake a cake, just don't put the flour in - it gets all crispy and bubly. nice. Have a great weekend!
Robyn, I hope you can get back to the blueberry patch to pick !! :)
I took three other ladies today and picked. I came home with 3 gallon; I was pleased !
When I am in the blueberry patch my mind always goes back to those early years in Red L, when we would take a van of women and children and head for the blueberry patch !! :) Precious memories !!
WE would give the children strict orders to not stray far from the van as they played , wheil we nothers picked !!
I know Sabrina has good memories of pretend cooking with dry "moose poo", as one of the fun things they all did to pass the time away !! :) Sondra
Hi Robyn, I'm back in blogvile thanks to our internet being fixed again. I'm slowly catching up on blogs.
Did you like the pancakes well enough to make them again? Just wondering. =)
By the way, I really like your felted hat. Do you fill orders? =) Maybe you could have it done by the time Arthur and I come to the East coast early next year. =)
Who is "My no-so-empty-nest???
JennW
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who runs out of food:) I can't believe how much kids eat.
Eat some blueberries for me!!!
Jenn, mynotsoemptynest is my mom
:-)
Post a Comment