Monday, October 09, 2006

Falafelmobile


Okay, here I am. The moment you've all been waiting for. Finally you click on the link to my page, and you see a different title than what you've been looking at for about a month now!

There is soooooo much catching up to do. I will start with a picture of Daryl's latest "hobby" that I promised last post. He has been working on an '82 diesel Mercedes Benz that he bought a year ago - to convert it to run on vegetable oil. I am so proud of my "green" husband! It is now running on used vegetable oil (he had to strain all the falafel out of it...it smelled rather tasty)! A lot of people laughed when he told them what he was doing. But the truth is, he didn't come up with this idea himself. A lot of others have done it and it's becoming quite popular. Being the cheapskate, uh, I mean, economical man that he is, he didn't just run out and buy the conversion kit, he made all the parts himself. So yeah, it was a few long hours spent in the garage, but now it's done and will be ready to roll come spring! So if you smell falafel coming down the road a mile away, it's just us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I want a falafelmobile. Oh wait, you don't actually get any falafel to eat, do you? Ok. you can have it.

Sabrina said...

wow, I'm impressed! Jeremy is all for cars that run on something other than gas! What kind of miles per gallon does he get? :)

Thanks for the new post!