Sunday, April 29, 2007

Popcorn and Other Good News

We just had a beautiful weekend. Once again, we spent most of the day outside on Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday after church, Daryl came out to the van and asked if it's okay if some friends of ours come over for lunch. Hmmm...I have no food to cook, but sure, why not. So he ran back in to tell them to come on over. When he came back, he had a very sheepish look on his face (I know you all can picture which look I mean), and told me a few others were coming too. He proceeded to name about 5 families! O.K! I told him he better run back in there quickly and tell them that they're all bringing their own food along! So they did. And we had a great picnic in the back yard. Lots of kids running everywhere, beautiful sunshine, espresso, friends and good conversation!

I hope to post pictures soon of my cute kids. AC learned how to skip rope on Saturday, and she looks so cute with her freckles and glasses, skipping away. I didn't get a good picture of her yet, but I will try this week. She reminds me more and more of a first grader...

O had a blast in the rain today, all by herself. It was fun to see her getting wet and using her beloved rain coat.

Little A is her normal crazy self. She is walking faster all the time, which is nice for her...but I liked it when she walked slow outside! Not as much chasing to do. She has started throwing temper tantrums when she can't go out with her sisters. Her latest tactic is banging her head on the floor. Hmmm, be my guest. If you wanna bang your head, go right ahead. Can't imagine that one will last very long.

And last but not least...

WE'RE GOING TO MADAGASCAR!!!!!

Finally everything is in place: We have dates nailed down, we have a house sitter, we have plane tickets, we are not packed, we are starting to get stressed. BUT WE'RE EXCITED! Please pray for me/us if you can these next few weeks. It's a little hard to know what to do next!
Anyone wanna come and help???

Oh, and here's a little tidbit for you. Did you know that you can pop regular popcorn in the microwave with about...hmmm, let's say a quarter of the fat? Maybe I'm just behind the times, but I was so happy to read this. I have a huge popcorn popper and I'm just too lazy to get it out and have to wash it up after, etc. I love microwave popcorn, but I can eat the whole bag myself, and I don't have the nerve to check the nutrition fact label. So anyhoo, take a paper sandwich bag, pretty much cover the bottom of the bag with popcorn kernels, and roll it up a couple times. Keep an eye on it just like any old microwave popcorn, and when it's done, pour a little (or a lot if you really want a treat) of melted butter on and PRESTO! Perfect for 2, or one if you're like me. Oh, and don't forget the seasoning salt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! I am counting the days. :) And, please post those pictures in between popping popcorn. ha ha. oh, yes, i knew exactly what look was on daryl's face, and i'm impressed by your flexibility and all that. maybe you can teach me... :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the girls.

I was wondering about Madagascar after rhonda's comment about "bringing" the game for them. I thought you must be going. When? Tell me more. Email me when you get a chance.

p.s. i'm still pregnant

Sabrina said...

Thanks for the popcorn idea! We have popcorn, but no popcorn popper. Do you just roll the open end a couple of times or the whole bag? (I have a feeling that was dumb question...)

When do you leave for Madagascar? I'm glad it's all working out!

Xiomie said...

Madagascar! wow! I can only imagine the excitment.

Kim said...

Yay! What are the dates you're going?