So we had some action around here yesterday...
On Sunday, Anna-Christina was at the neighbors', jumping on their new trampoline. Little did I know, there was also a (large) 16 yr old boy also jumping. He did a big belly flop (according to her) and she went flying in the air. She landed on her foot, and was complaining of it hurting, and wouldn't walk on it. Daryl and I weren't sure what to think - she tends to be overly dramatic when she gets hurt.
However, when she still wouldn't walk on in Monday morning, Dr. Dad decided to take her in for an x-ray. Turns out there is most likely a small fracture in the side bone (no idea what that bone is called) and they put a big ol' cast on her. They couldn't quite tell what the fracture was like for some reason, and scheduled a follow up app't for a week from this Friday.
She had a great time going to the hospital, getting a popsicle and stickers, etc. and thinks it's quite fun to show everyone. Thankfully, that means she is not in pain. She's handling it rather well. :-)
Now she's supposed to stay off her foot until her app't. I thought she'd be sitting around asking her sisters to run errands for her, but no. She's all over the place. She was even crawling around the yard picking dandelions today. I have to keep telling her to sit down!
She hopped around on one foot all day yesterday and most of today, while I tried to find crutches small enough for her. Finally I got pointed in the right direction and drove across the city to get them. She is much better off now and hopefully will go to school tomorrow.
I wanted to post a picture of her, and hopefully will soon, but my camera is out of commission. (I think it's kicked the bucket for real this time.)
Maybe I can borrow one tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hey! Glad you found me! Looks like you've got your hands full -- in a good way. You've got a beautiful family! Kristi
So are you like me and think little tiny kid crutches are just the cutest things? Not that I would want my kids to have to have them for that reason alone but since one had to use them anyway...=) Hope she learns quickly how to het around and I really hope she doesn't have to be on them all summer long like Graham did last summer. By the way, their two stories are stikingly similar.
poor little thing! i think it would look very pathetic to see a small child with a cast on, crawling around a yard. did anyone throw money at her while they drove by?
caitlyn can't believe that she has two cousins with broken limbs. :) she said, and i quote, "she's just hoppin' around with a cast and crutches and her glasses. (sigh) (big grin)" i almost wondered if she's jealous...
we look forward to the pictures. :)
by the way, is it a bone in her foot or leg?
This sounds like some action you could have lived without. At least she seems to be handling it okay. Are her sisters jealous of all the attention? I remember really wanting to have a cast and crutches, I can't imagine why. . .
Yeah, I think her sisters are a little jealous. O has been acting up...probably subconsciously. Although she is enjoying telling everyone about AC's injury. I remember wishing for a broken limb too. Maybe all kids do? Just a couple weeks ago AC was telling me wishes she would break her leg!
karla, you crack me up.
why is it that kids think it is so cool to have casts and glasses? I remember the feeling!
Hope she gets better soon. Its not much fun to sit around. It must be great to have an inhouse doctor.=)
Post a Comment