Friday, March 24, 2006

Let's Share Ideas

Okay, I did my part, now you have to do yours. Girls out there (or guys too, for that matter) let me know what you're cooking this week. OK? I need ideas too. I'm going to try and do one new recipe a week for awhile. Of course I'm always interested in economical meals. So give me ideas before my Monday morning meal planning! :-) (And if you really want, I'll share my menu again...if you'll keep your end of the deal)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't made a menu for the coming week yet, but last week was grilled steak with sauteed veggies, spaghetti, home made pizza, boiled potatoes and carrots with hamburger gravy, and hmmm, can't remember what else. :-) I'll work on my menu tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

Not sure exactly what will happen when, but the following are on my "I have the ingredient list"
French onion soup in bread bowls (for Jeremy's mom's birthday)
Yum Yum Casserole (Red Lake Cookbook)
Sweat and Sour Meatballs (R.L)
Tuna and Noodle Casserole (R.L.)
needless to say I decided to hit the red lake book for this week. I'm feeling very unmotivated to cook much and that cookbook tends to have easy (cheap!) recipes! I'm pretty sure will end up with French toast (Jeremy's favorite) or pancakes (my favorite)at least once too. Isaiah has a touchy belly so I try to stay clear of the recipes with all the good stuff -garlic, lots of cheese... :(

Jose said...

what about "gallo pinto" for dinner?
Pretty easy. Rice and (BLACK)beans mixed together and you add some "salsa lizano", some sour cream, corn tortillas and some cheese. Great food and you will be full. :O)

Robyn said...

Rhonda, good idea to eat boiled carrots with the potatoes!
Sabrina, I agree - the RL cookbook is easy and cheap - i'm using your idea this week
Jose, anything with lizano, cheese and sour cream must be good!