We had a great Victoria Day, in spite of Daryl working all day. We now are waiting for our seeds to sprout - zucchini, carrots, cucumber and two cherry tomato plants. Also morning glories and poppies. I think we should have started some of them indoors, but oh well. The girls will have fun watching them come up even if they're not very productive. About an hour after we planted them, Olivia asked, "Did our carrots bloom yet?" It is so wonderful to have summer. My sink was full of mud the other day and the girls were in and out filling their containers with water and dirt. They were filthy at the end of the day and oh-so-happy. They ended up by taking ALL their clothes off in the back yard and spraying eachother with the hose. I could hear them from the kitchen, giggling away. It was great.
Tonight I went to a Kindergarten orientation for Anna-Christina. I think she is going to have a blast going to this school. It seems very well organized and well run. The principal is very involved (directing traffic and watching kids outside every day, and teaching gym on occasion, among other things). They have a neat focus of helping the kids understand the part they play first in the Body of Christ, and then in the world.
I will try and post some new pictures soon...
