Monday, May 22, 2006

Looooong Weekend

Our Victoria Day weekend has been fairly uneventful. We kicked it off by Kim taking us out to a fantastic dinner at Red Lobster! (I don't use that word very much...you should try it, it felt really good) I had 30 shrimp and 1/2 lb of snow crab. Amazing. Anyway, on Saturday Daryl worked a 24-hr (thankfully not the usual 30+). We found things to do on Saturday, but it was so very windy outside, so although the sun was shining, it wasn't pleasant. I don't know what is into my kids, but they were hyper beyond words. I had to pray for patience numerous times and I'm not sure I was a very nice mommy that day.
Yesterday (Sunday) I took all the girls to church while Daryl slept. Lucky bum. Just kidding - he was up the entire night before. Anyway, the girls went to Sunday School and someone held Adrienne the whole service so I got to listen to the message in peace. Very nice. It was about rising above the strongholds in our lives, and choosing not to believe the lies of the Enemy.
Then in the evening we had Cory and Jenn and kids over for dinner. I had a turkey in the freezer from Easter and I was hungry for it so I had taken it out a couple days ago. I don't pride myself on knowing how to bake turkey but it turned our rather well. (Even though I had to compliment myself at the table since no one else was - ha ha) Daryl had me convinced I was overbaking it... :-)
So today (Monday) Daryl is working another 24hr. Too bad for us, but it is a FANTASTIC day outside and I am determined that we will have a better, happier day than we did on Saturday!!! We are attempting to plant a few flowers and vegetables so that should be fun. Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.