Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Eating...again

I haven't posted my menu for awhile, and since some of you seemed to get a kick out of that, maybe I'll start doing it again. Actually, if anyone else wants to do it, I would like that. I think it's good to get ideas from eachother. Seems someone is always having a dry spell when someone else is full of ideas. We need eachother, housewives!

Here's mine:
Monday - Italian Sausage Soup (a variation on Sabrina's Peasant Soup. I added pasta to make it more hearty) It also has white beans and spinach in it and it is awesome. Let me know if I should post the recipe.

Tuesday - Broccoli lasagne, not sure what else. Doesn't sound too filling...

Wednesday - Oriental Hot Pot (thanks for the idea, Mom) and maybe egg rolls

Thursday - Scrambled Eggs with asparagus and mushrooms, and whole grain raspberry muffins

Friday - Gallo Pinto and tortillas (gotta give credit to Jose and Kim for this one)

Saturday - Anna-Christina wants to cook - Mexican Chicken Casserole and Purple Flurp! (Purple Flurp is a recipe she found in a book she was reading. It is sweetened condensed milk, crushed pineapple and blueberry pie filling in the blender.)

Sunday - Crock pot roast with potatoes and carrots

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

oh man, i wish i could come eat at your house sometime. :) can you post the soup recipe? thanks.

Sabrina said...

Looks good! Here's a question, do you plan your menu based on what you have on hand, what's on sale, or what you're hungry for?

Robyn said...

I try to base it first on what I have on hand. Then comes meals I think would be economical (ie: gallo pinto is rice and beans), then a dish or two that we're hungry for, usually something more of a treat, like a nice roast or an ethnic dish that has better ingredients.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in the soup recipe too. Thanks for posting your menu. I'll try to get around to this one soon.... keyword being "try".

Jenni said...

i'm in a cooking slump!! so, i'll gladly take the soup recipe and the mexican chicken casserole, if possible. it all sounds so yummy!

LaRonda said...

Sounds good to me! I just wish my kids would think it sounds good :(

Anonymous said...

yes you should post the soup recipe on the recipe blog. i may get around to posting our menu on my blog sometime. karissa and i have been doing good so far...we've made a menu for every week!