- I'm going to jot a few things down that may or may not be of interest. I'm trying to work up the energy to tackle my messy kitchen while the girls are having quiet time.
- I love quiet time. I don't think I'll ever give it up. I remember my mom making us have quiet time even when we were older. It was so peaceful to have the house stand still for that hour (or so). I think businesses should have siestas like they do in other countries.
- I'm becoming accustomed to taking all 4 kids grocery shopping with me. Sometimes I wait until Daryl is home so I can go alone, but sometimes it just can't wait. The girls are (slow....ly) learning not to ask for so much stuff, and to help pick out produce, etc. Today we found about 5 carts full of clearance items. I bought cereal for $2, honey for $1.90/500g...I think those were my best deals. I added up the receipt and I think I saved around $50. Of course I bought more than I went there for in the first place...But it will be a long time before I have to buy cereal or honey!
- We found a "new" (for us) park on Saturday, and had our first taste of salt water. The girls wouldn't taste it until I did. It was funny - even though I knew what to expect, the taste still surprised my mouth. They thought they'd like to drink it. (Kinda like drinking the pickle juice from the jar, I guess)
- WE HAVE A BABYSITTER COMING THIS SATURDAY!!!
I found her through someone at the church we've been going to. She came highly recommended, and I'm super PUMPED to get a night out with my man. Can you tell???
- It is so wonderful to see the sun coming up earlier and going down later. Isn't it? Sometimes when Daryl gets home early, we're actually eating dinner in daylight! I can't wait until the sun is up before me.
- Daryl had his second week on call. He can be on call from home, and doesn't always have to go in. The first week on call, he only went in 2-3 times. This week he was in 2-3 times per night! At his other job, there was a standing joke that if he was on call it was going to be a busy night. People seriously didn't want to work with him because they knew it'd be crazy busy. The other day, one of his attendings told him he's a (insert not-very-nice-word)_____-magnet. Isn't that weird? It's not like people know who's going to be there when their kid is diagnosed with a heart defect...
-Are you wondering why this post is called "Chocolate Chips"? So am I. It just sounded good, ok?
I was wishing I could use chocolate chips instead of boring old dashes at the beginning of each line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
great to read all of that! i love the idea of picking a title that just makes you happy. :) i wish i had some of those, too. i'm also so happy that you have a babysitter now! hooray!!
yes, a fun read. Although I prefer milk choc. chips, which sadly do not have the same nutritional value. Have a fun date! Are you going to go fine some new sights in the city? That'd be grand. I so want to see that part of the country sometime.
I mean find, not fine. Duh. I didn't want to delete my comment a second time due to spelling errors.
I was reading your notes and enjoying the update and didn't even realize how strange it was that you titled it chocolate chips until you mentioned it:) Thanks for the smile!
i blogged about matthew's present, if you're curious...
Enjoy your night out!! I can only imagine how excited you must be. Way to go on the great sales! Jeremy gets a kick out of how excited I get when I find a good deal. It feels like God is smiling on me. :) I found a bunch of Valentine Hershey kisses at Walgreens the other day for .62 a bag! Then they have a deal this month if you buy 10 worth of Hershey's you can get a $5 rebate. What a steal. Problem is we're going to eat them. :(
Hi Robyn,
Great to read up! I miss you.
I am happy that you and Daryl are going out together. It's due time.
Cory and I are pretty over due too.
Did you get my email the other day?
Have a great week!
Jenn
i love semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you didn't know already. i hope you have a romantic time with your hunny!
Post a Comment